October 18, 2005

James Rose Center

Last Saturday, met with Wendy in East Orange Station, then we went to Montclair for a short visit. I show around the place I want to live if I can find a cheaper place. After that, we drove to Ridgewood NJ, to meet with Robin and other students from ESF in James Rose Center.
Landscape Architect James Rose use to live in there since 1953 until he die. It is a very peaceful garden next to a busy street in a very typical suburb neighborhood. It is a lovely place, small but rich with spirits.

For me, he is not only a landscape architect, but a space designer. The space he create indoor and outdoor is very interesting and inspire me a lot in terms of design ideas. Now I wish I can learn more about his design and life philosophy. I am going back there again for fall and spring clean up, if they need an extra hand.

1 comment:

jason nosworthy said...

hi there.just came across your blog.i am a landscape designer in the uk and although i have been to nigochi's garden (which was great)when we visited new york whilst at university. i would love to go to james rose's house and garden (which i suspect -has a very different feel)it has to be greatly admired, individuals who follow there own path. like yourself i wish to learn more about his work and philosophy.
take care
jason nosworthy