March 25, 2005

Crochet-Bear


Why I start crocheting is a long story. I met a friend, Phoebe, in 2004, she loves quilt, and I have no desire doing it at that time, because of busy graduate school schedule. Last summer, between the period of graduation and looking for a new job, Phoebe start crocheting "Doily". As lazy as me, I don't like to work on stuff require big equitment, time consuming, and expensive material. Then, I find chrchet is actually not time consuming, bcause I can watch TV and crochet at the same time. Also the material is not expensive, and I only need a hoot and a yarn. This is how I start.

At begining, I just did couple 6" doily. (I also said that I will never be able making the "big" stuff.) But for me it is not hard to finish the small one, and I have a great feeling of accomplishment....so...each doily just getting bigger and bigger. The last one I finished is 20".

And the story about makeing the crochet animal is because I was BORED! I will never know that working in a foriegn county in a strange city will be such BORED. My company is small, and people live far away from each other. Since I just started, don't have too may friends here either. Although where I live is not far from New York City, and my cousin lives there, the winter weather made me don't want to go anywhere. New Jersey's winter is actually better then Syracuse, but still cold. Too cold to do anything (at least for me).

One day, I rememberd my conversation with Phoebe long time ago about the Japanese Crochet Animal, and we did try to find some instruction to start, but wasn't have time to do it. So I made my 1st crochet rabbit. (Gave to Shuang's son Albert as a gift..maybe show it later) This bear is my 2nd try (after making several fish...because fish is easier..and will show it later), and I like the way it turns out.

No comments: