March 29, 2005

East Orange, NJ..is really not a safe place

Why I say that? Because before I start working, several people already told me the location of my work place is not safe. When I went to interview, it is in the morning..and seems okay...across the street (Central Ave) is a hospital, Wendy, and CVS. But after I start working, my co-workers all told me that don't walk more then 1 block....okay...so I drive to McDonald (2 blocks away).

Normally, we will hear sirens from police car or ambulance couple times a day. This is also because we are across the street from a hospital. Not big deal...I hear sirens almost everyday in Syracuse and New York City, too.

Today, on my way home, about 6:30pm,just turn left onto Central Ave toward to Garden State Parkway. Tones of police cars (about 5) and ambulances (about 2) drove toward to the street next to my office. When I think I can keep drive..I drove for about another 30sec..More police car came. I didn't count this time...just scared...because I was on the left lane..try to do a left turn, cars of another direction stopped for red light and I can't move to the outside lane...so...I saw about 5 police car drive toward to my car..then...pass my right hand side...Finally, I turned, and on my way..still saw couple police cars run really fast on Parkway toward that direction.

Don't know what happen...I will try to see if anything come up in the nightly news.


4 Actually, 2 years ago, in Syracuse, I was on my way home from school toward S. Salina street (around afternoon, still bright outside). There are 2 cars (plainclothes..I guess) stopped in front of me from different direction...They drove super fast and stopped super fast...between them is another car. Then they run our, grab 2 people from the car they stopped and handcuff them (just like what we saw on TV).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

test comment w/o login