April 30, 2005

Chien-Ming Wang

Chien-Ming Wang (#40) is Yankees' New Pitcher,
and he did GREAT on his MLB dabut!

If you are my classmates from ESF, you know I am not Yankees fan. But this year, Yankees trade in Randy Johnson. I start to follow some Yankees game. Then on April 29, Yankees vs. BlueJays is also the date they to bring Chien-Ming Wang from AAA to major league. Which also means that I am going to follow more Yankees game, EVER. But I am still not a Yankees fan, haha!

Why do I support Chien-Ming Wang? Because he is from Taiwan, I like baseball, and I support players from my country. Although Wang is the 3rd player from Taiwan able play in the MLB, Yankees is one of the most popular and famous team in the world. Through Wang, we maybe able to let more people know things about Taiwan. And if you want to know how he did, you can google search news about him...can't wait for his 2nd game on May 5.

I was so moved when I watch the game. Not only Wang did a good job, but also heard the cheer up in Chinese through the broadcast (YES network)! According to friends who when to the stadium, people also bring our flag to the game!

GOGO TAIWANESE!

No comments: